Tuesday, March 30, 2010

EAST TEXAS MONTHLY NEWSPAPER HAS VOTED 'I KNOW WHY THE CAGED LION ROARS' AS BOOK OF THE MONTH




I Know Why The Caged Lion Roars, has been voted Book of the Month by the East Texas Monthly Newspaper. "The East Texas Book Clubs which participated in this month choice had a wide selection of books to choose from" said, The East Texas Monthly, Editor Carol Boins-Simon.


Mrs. Boins-Simon, also told the Ombudsman Press that it was an honor that the Author "Bishop L. J. Guillory" is a male. March is the National Woman's History Month. I Know Why The Caged Lion Roars, has received great National Reviews.


Dr. Tracy Andrus, Director of the Lee P. Brown Criminal Justice Institute at Wiley College (Home of The Great Debaters) wrote: "I Know Why The Caged Lion Roars" Riveting, original and a wake up call to those who thought that chandeliers and chardonnay was the rule of the day. Bishop Guillory exposes not only crimes in the streets but crimes in the Suites. A must read for all Americans and those interested in seeing a true glimpse of what it is like to be a politician.


Dr. Merilyn Session, Director of Curriculum for Pineywoods Community Academy wrote: Once I started reading 'I Know Why The Caged Lion Roars' I could not put it down! Bishop L. J. Guillory has got to write part two to this book as I have to know more. Great Book!

Dr. Rosie Milligan, Founder of Black Writers On Tour wrote: I Know Why The Caged Lion Roars is no ho-hum book. It is the poignant, personal sage of a man overcomes his circumstances and now champions causes as he fights corruption in governmental and political agencies across the nation. I, now have a new son- The Honorable Bishop LeRoy J. Guillory.

Dr. Shirley Erwin McKellar, U.S Army Major (Ret.) is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of McKellar-McKellar-Ntaka and Associates Inc. wrote: I Know Why The Caged Lion Roars is one book that once you start reading it you will not stop until you complete it. It was well written, informative, and this book should be shared with all of our Nations Youth!

Dr. J. D. Smith, is the Founder of Institute for Social Justice, Inc. wrote: My Institute members told me about the book and they loved it! Someone took my only copy. So, I have got to get me another copy! I loved it but, I don't know why someone would take my book. Well, I guess they wanted my copy to read. Betty, told me she enjoyed her copy, she bought two copies. Maybe I should have bought two copies. You better keep your copy put up because its a great book and someone will take it!