Monday, April 5, 2010

Bishop L. J. Guillory Has Stepped Down As Chairman


Bishop L. J. Guillory, has stepped down as Chairman of the Committee for the (African American Outreach Program) Boy Scouts of America (EAST TEXAS AREA COUNCIL). Bishop Guillory, severed more than two years 2008 and 2009 as Chairman.


"Before I leave I want all of the wonderful people who severed with me, to know; that we have done more in two years, than most people do in five" said, Bishop Guillory. With the help of Bishop Guillory the Boy Scouts of America joined with Baptist Churches to Address some of the needs of the African American Community!


The Boy Scouts of America has long been recognized as a solution-oriented organization that focuses on the needs of the youth. Its national faith-based initiative with churches under the Baptist denomination is intended to help strengthen African American families by providing a catalyst in the lives of young boys.


In 2009, Bishop Guillory, was elated to announce the initiative with the National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. the National Baptist Convention of America, Inc., the National Missionary Baptist Convention of America, Inc., and the Progressive National Baptist Convention, Inc., which draw more than 16 million in membership to create programs in their churches that help boys nationwide.


"I am not turning my back on Scouting, I'm moving over so that a zealous and younger man can continue the work that has to be done!" "At this point most of my time is being spent on the opening of Ombudsman International - Youth Preservation College in Center Texas; and, we now have two others waiting to be opened also right here in East Texas. So I have my hands full right now; but, I will always be open to helping my good friends at the Boy Scouts of America" said, Bishop Guillory.